GEMology

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Vesak Day 2007

To shumin:
yay! I am glad you've finally found your source of motivation. I've found mine too. Let's work towards our goals. Like what Mr Sng said, with determination and discipline, we can achieve what we want! By the way, Seventeen magazine is always looking for interns. You can put together the magazine with them after A'levels. If possible I would like to experience it too (: whee let's write write write! You just have your gp papers to tackle. I have gp and literature! ah. Hand in hand, we shall work hard and reach out for our dreams. Cheers!


To all fellow Buddhists:

Happy Vesak Day!

卫塞节快乐!!

I am still feeling rather puzzled why this year's Vesak Day is after my birthday. Usually it would be somewhere in the start of May. Went to the temple to pray this morning with my family. Then had vegetarian lunch. Absolutely delicious! I love the spring rolls. Vegetarian food's not that bad after all (:

My dad decided to go to the Guan Yin Temple at Waterloo Street after that. Oh my. The place was like real crowded. Crowds really put me off. Especially when the people are holding the joss-sticks with the ashes (or what do you call that) falling all over you. I must admit I don't exactly enjoy going there on such occasions. Managed to push my way through into the temple eventually.

Went to a shop at the Fu Lu Shou building for prayers with a monk there. It's still crowded.

My brother treated me and himself to roadside ice-cream after that. I picked mixed flavours and him, cookies-n-creme.

I had a sudden cravings for sweet potato soup and my grandma cooked it for me and my whole family!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was actually my second serving, and my dinner (:

Yummy yummy.

And I spotted some really interesting objects around my house. Look here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What is this? Can you tell?

It's actually two aloe vera stuck together! YES! They are twins. What adorable aloe veras... Hee my dad bought them from the supermarket cos' he thought they are cute.

And now... this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What does this look like to you? (Answer to be revealed... NOT NOW =p)

Here's a shot which I found to be rather artistic, taken during the kbox session with twin:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


That's about all for today. I love photo-filled posts. I am sure you love them too. Wait till I get a new camera. Then you get better quality photos to look at (:

'If you don't want to lose him as a friend then you should not have done what you did to us what.'
Oh no. Just what have I done? I am on the verge of losing yet another Aquarius friend.
It wasn't a moment of harshness. I am sure I was clear-headed. I knew what I was doing. And I was determined to not regret. I didn't regret. Ok maybe a bit. Only after I realised what a villain I had been. I didn't expect their reactions to be so big. I didn't think about the consequences. In fact, I think the whole matter is of different degree of importance to you, me and them. No amount of apologies could make up for what I have done. But I don't think I have done anything wrong. Perhaps it was some over-reaction on your part? Or me being too ignorant of such emotions. Or maybe some kind of communication breakdown between us existed. I guess it's too late. I just hate to admit that I think I lost a friend in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home