GEMology

Friday, June 1, 2007

A quote from Murphy Boy

Last post for the day. Blogging is pretty addictive.

Here's a quote from Torey Hayden's 'Murphy Boy' which left an impression on me:

'In a bit of bizarre mental hopscotch, I thought of Hitler's concentration camps. What had happened there wasn't so terribly unfathomable (difficult or impossible to understand). We had mini-versions of it going on all around us every day. And we, like the Germans, looked the other way and forgot.'

Hitler's concentration camps... I remembered going to one such camp on the Humanities trip to Germany in 2005. And from the information provided by the guide, the treatment of the Jews there were extremely inhumane. And to have Torey Hayden compared the boy's experience to that of Hitler's concentration camp, well I can imagine how badly the boy was treated.

I am about to finish reading the book. About one-third more to go. My official revision timetable will start tomorrow, which means I have to start reading my literature novels. No time for such leisure novels of my choice anymore. How sad. I told twin I am going to plan my timetable tonight. But I have not done so. I shall work on the timetable, finish reading 'Murphy Boy' then head for my bed. I took a three-hour nap this afternoon. No wonder I am not feeling tired. Waha.

That's all for today. Tomorrow's a new day of a new month. And a whole lot of friends' birthdays!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:

CHIPPY CHI CHING
EDGAR
ERLINA

HAVE A BLESSED BIRTHDAY AND A GREAT DAY!
MAY YOUR WISHES ALL COME TRUE (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home