GEMology

Monday, February 5, 2007

Being Happy

What is the definition of 'being happy'? Have you really thought about it?

I don't know. I just know that when I feel happy, I know it. It's just a magical feeling that human beings are born to enjoy. The happiness, the bliss, the joy. It's like you are at the top of the world and nothing could ever upset you. I love that feeling. I love being happy. I love seeing people around me, especially my loved ones being happy.

But life is not meant to be smooth-going otherwise normal beings won't appreciate and treasure the happy moments. It's the pain we experienced in life that makes us human. It's the unhappiness that makes us learn to cherish the happiness.

It may seem like the end of the world when we feel upset. It's like the whole world has turned its back on you. You feel like there's not a single soul who cares about your existence and you are better off dead.

NO. that's not the case. There are people who care, people who are there for you. Yep I know because I have truly experienced it, countless of times perhaps. These people really give your mood a lift and everything becomes hopeful again.

Yep I think true happiness is having friends and family there for you when you are feeling down and also noticing them and appreciating them. And they are the happiness-providers. Life would be so dull without them, so meaningless.

Quite a lot of things happened in just a couple of days then my emotions took a roller-coaster ride, leaving me all drained of energy and the ability to think rationally. I can't help it. But I must really thank JAYYES for being there to listen and give me advice. I really appreciate it. And yeah. All 5 of you are inevitably the components of the element of happiness in my life.

THANKS GIRLS (:

I have become quite a worrier lately. Worrying about those matters which are worrying and also worrying about matters which are not worrying at all. Yeah. And Nicole dropped me a quote just in time for this post, that is to advise me to stop worrying. Thanks (:

There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will - Epictetus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home