GEMology

Sunday, July 1, 2007

MILKRUN 2007

MILKRUN 2007

Went as a volunteer at the Baggage Deposit Counter. Hard job. Baggage collection in the beginning was still very much okay but it's when the time for baggage retrieval came. Oh man. Suffered from some giddy spells at some point of time. Totally drained out after dealing with the baggages from noon to evening. It's a humid day. And a hot day. Almost died from dehyration.

I must admit I was quite loud the whole time. It's the type of Annabel when she gets serious about work lah. And efficiency really is the key throughout the whole experience. I guess the retrieval was that messy due to the way we arranged the plastic bags. But there was not much of a choice then. The runners all turned up at the same time and we had to work fast, thus neglecting the arrangment of the bags.

Well there're always areas for improvement after such events. It was quite fun packing the bags afterall. The experience has also proven to me that I indeed have some short term memory problems. Not that good at remembering numbers you see. heee (:

I definitely didn't regret volunteering at MILKRUN today. May have been a tiring day. But it was an eye-opening experience too. Thank you Li Hui for asking me and my friends to go for this CIP. And it's great knowing and working with Li Hui's sister, Li Ping =D

Met two students from VJ who went for Paint-A-Home organized by NUS during the June hols. The girl was in my painting team then. Can't remember her name. Doubt she recognized me. I must have looked too haggard haha!

Youth Day Holiday TOMORROW!
I was still pretty enthu about organizing an outing for JAYYES tomorrow but I am all tired, energy drained and apparently not that enthu now. Fortunately, YY and Eileen have taken over the responsibility. I am sure they can do a better job ^^

Interclass on Tuesday
It doesn't exactly make sense to have interclass right after our common tests. And with such a small cohort. Okay that is not exactly an obstructing factor but well, I think being a supporter suits me the most. Afterall I have been supporting at the side of the soccer field for the past two years. So why not this year too? (:

June Holidays Homework
Have yet to complete them. I am about to listen to GP podcasts now then start on my reflections soon. As for my China Studies essay assignments, I will think of a way to complete them. Things will work out eventually, I am sure. What else can be tougher after having survived a very-tough day today?

I am more motivated to volunteer now! Shall look out for more lobangs for my club members and also myself. Oh yah one more thing up on my to-do-list, to plan the programmes for my beloved CSC in Term 3.

whee! I better get started on my GP podcasts. Have been sleeping late these days. Not good for my health. And I think my gain of kilos has something to do with my late sleeping hours. Shall try to sleep early today. Today is 1 July 2007. New day of a new month! So I shall have a new habit, that is to sleep early!

That's a way to attainment of flawless complexion too!

Tomorrow shall be a better and not-so-tiring day! (I hope. It depends on YY and Eileen actually.)

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home