GEMology

Friday, February 9, 2007

Love is in the air!

Chatting with Eileen online has always been a good experience. She likes to give me nicknames like 'Chairprincess', 'Baby Bel' etc which I never hesitate to put as my msn nick. Creativity (:

And now she calls me an abbreviation freak! Cos I invented terms like jj. Cannot tell you what issit. Belongs to Jayyes ;)

I am currently in love with love quotes by Shakespeare. whom I can declare as my idol since I am a Literature student. And I found the quote that Miss Tan introduced to us during GP lesson. Find it in Act 1 Scene 5 of Twelfth Night. Shakespeare is jus so talented!

Received my O'levels HCL results today. I am contented with my A2. But the atmosphere wasn't very lively. I think I babbled a lot of wrong things, with the intention of cheering people up, but kinda backfired. I am sorry, girls. I really should have knew better to keep quiet at the right time.

Went to Kheng Cheng School for Happy Toilet Seminar with Yuhan and Zhao Mi. The school was used in the filming for the Channel 8 7pm show, Let it Shine. The school is actually a primary school! And they used a different uniform for the show. The school's really nice, very good environment for studying. Looking at the little boys and girls, I missed my primary school. I missed those good old days. And guess what, I met Mrs Soh and Mrs Tan at the seminar! (:

Currently in love with Jay Chou's 心雨. I jus love it so much that it's on the repeat mode in my zen neeon.

心里的雨倾盆而下
也沾不湿她的发
泪晕开明信片上的牵挂
那伤心原来没有时差

心里的泪倾盆而下
却始终淋不到她
寒风经过院子里的枝桠
也冷却了我手中的鲜花

oh no. I just realised that I have been singing the wrong lyrics for the chorus today. The last two words should be 鲜花 but I sang as 牵挂. uh oh.

I actually thought a lot on the bus about this song and I came out with my very own interpretation of it. I interpret it as disappointed love... for the guy's heart is crying out, raining internally. A phenomenon that the girl he loves cannot see and most likely will not feel. Hence the rain couldn't touched her (ie wet her hair). Another interpretation would be that no matter how heavy the rain is inside his heart, he cannot bear to let her be affected by it so he 'shelters' her with an umbrella, just because he loves her too much for her to be hurt.

That's the power of love. This is yet another song about a 痴情王子. aw.

oh no. Now Eileen calls me 'Babel', short form for 'Baby Bel'. oh puh-lease.

HAHA. alright this post is SO random but who cares. I'm loving it. Love is in the air!~

"So long as I can breathe or I can see, so long lives your love which gives life to me." - William Shakespeare

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home