GEMology

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Complexity of Humans

The complexity of human beings really freaks me out.
It's that terrible especially when it has something to do with the people around you.
Perhaps it's just me being too judgmental or prejudiced easiliy.
I don't know.
But sometimes there are people who share the same sentiments and I gain confidence in my prejudices.
Not that I don't know that prejudices are no-good.
It's a matter of helplessness within myself.
I struggled, I tried to place aside my prejudices.
I tried not to be too judgmental.
But it's not easy.
Nevertheless I am going to continue trying.

Sometimes I really wonder.
And this wonder doesn't keep the stars apart.
It makes my world crumble and ruin my meaning of life.

I believe my life will do much better without these wonders.

heee I am one complex human being lah.








20 over peers and myself went to volunteer our servies at the Food and Charity Fun Fair organized by the Lions Club at Singapore Foochow Assocation. It was a long and tiring day. But also one that's meaningful and fun. We did everything from carrying boxes of items, tending of game stalls, making and serving of tea and coffee, washing of pots and pans and helping to carry things down to the first storey when the carnival ends. Something like 包山包海 lah.

And we pigged out too. There were so much to eat! After the carnival, I went to PS with my parents and brother for dinner at Cafe Cartel. A continuation of pigging-out. Uh oh.

Anyway I was pretty sinful today :(

Sorry to everyone who had to wait at Lavender for the late-comer, that's me. I woke up late, have been having too few hours of sleep these days. I am sorry.

Sorry to Li Wen as well for pang-sehing you upstairs at the game stall. I am really very sorry.

;

I am thankful for a number of things today too (:

Thank you to everyone for waiting for me, so that I don't have to walk to Singapore Foochow Association building all alone.

Thank you for attending today's cip so as not to let my cip forms go to waste. heehee.

Thank you Jue Hui and Yi Ling for helping me navigate the way to Foochow Building, since my sense of direction and map reading skills are not exactly good.

Thank you Eileen for 'french-kissing' with the frog upon request. LOL ;)

Thank you, Li Wen for treating me to a cup of glass jelly drink.

Thank you, Yun Yin for washing the pots and pans with me.

Thank you Eileen for helping me remove my watch.

Thank you, Yun Yin for treating me to milk tea.

Thank you, Li Wen for tending the game stall when I was not around.

Thank you, Yuhan for helping us wash the rice container.

Thank you, Auntie Donna for sponsoring the lunch coupons.

Thank you, Auntie who helped us to pack the doughnuts.

Too much thankyous to say.
Too many people to thank.
I believe I would have missed out some people in the above list. But yeah a big thank you if you have made a difference in my life today.


Ohya. Thank you to my brother for giving me an ice cream treat today! WAHA!

Thank you to my parents for the treat at Cartel.

*Yawn.

The piggy-self has taken over me. I want to get my beauty sleep liao. Finally get to sleep slightly later tomorrow. Thank you! (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home