GEMology

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dreams (Poem)

Just decided on a blogskin which I would be changing to very soon, once I find the time to do so. I was searching online for a poem to analyse for my poetry assignment and found this one that's really short and sweet and of cos, meaningful ;)

Dreams
By Langston Hughes

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

In just 8 short lines, Hughes managed to convey the importance of dreams. Yeah dare to dream! My sec2 class motto. Too bad I can't use this poem for my assignment, because it has to be at least 16 lines long. Bummer. But it's ok. I have posted it on my blog to share with you all, my beloved blog-readers (:

I still have not decided on the poem to work on for my assignment but once I have done so, I will post the poem here alright. Stay tune, cheers ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home